Organization: World Vision
Closing date: 06 Sep 2015
****World Vision Mali**** is recruiting the following position:
****Internal Auditor (01)****
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates –Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Reports to: Internal Audit Manager
Location: Bamako (MALI)
Purpose of the position:
To support the Chief Audit Executive in review and audit of projects and programs to ensure the promotion of good stewardship of resources consistent with the purposes for which the funds were given, and ensure such audits are in compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (SPPIA), the US Government Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAGAS) for US Government Funding and World Vision’s Financial Manual Internal Audit policies and procedures.
Conduct audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of organizational operations using professional audit standards and practices by:
Examining various departmental records and interview staff to ensure accurate recording of transactions and compliance with the World Vision International policies and procedures.
Inspecting accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value in the recording and management of organization resources.
Reviewing records pertaining to fixed and movable assets to determine degree to which they are effectively, efficiently and economically utilized
Analyzing data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in internal controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, and non-compliance with country laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures
Conducting compliance reviews of organization records to ensure compliance with Government statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment law and any other applicable local requirements
Conducting special reviews/investigations as directed.
Preparing audit draft reports including results and recommendations to management using good written skills.
Complete audit work paper.
Maintaining Continuing Education (“CPE”) as required 80 units credits each 2 years with 24 units credits for Government Grants
Assist Audit Manager on international audit assignments and other assignments as required by WVGC Audit & Evaluation Department.
• Able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Should have good communication skills.
****Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience****
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
• Minimum Educational level required: University degree in any of the business subject (Accounting and Management or Auditing preferred)
• Technical Training qualifications required: Must have good working knowledge of computerized accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & Vision
• Professional accounting qualifications- CPA, ACCA, CA or other internationally recognized accounting qualification will be an added advantage.
• Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office programs
• Experience: 3 years working experience in any Finance and/ or Audit roles.
****Working Environment / Conditions:****
• Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
• Travel: 50% of both domestic and /international travel is required.
• On call: Yes, because of ad hoc audits for example on fraud investigations
Attitudes and Behaviors:
World Vision reserves the right to disqualify a candidate who has any record relating to child abuse or opposite behavior to child protection, even after the hiring.
How to apply:
*Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.