Organization: CTG Global
Closing date: 31 Aug 2016
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
There is a problem of weapons and explosive contamination in Mali, following historical and recent conflict. There is clear evidence of the presence of landmines, unexploded ordnance (UXO), improvised explosive devices (IED) and insecure stockpiles of weapons and ammunition (abandoned or neglected). There were more than 130 recorded victims of UXO since 2012.
The United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) was established under Security Council Resolution 2100 and the mandate further developed under resolutions 2164 and 2227. In accordance with these mandates, the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) has engaged our client to implement a mine action programme in Mali.
The mine action programme works to:
• Reduce the explosive threat to MINUSMA and United Nations personnel;
• Enhance national capacity to mitigate explosive threats;
• Improve the protection of civilians and facilitate humanitarian assistance
The training and quality management coordinator will be working within the UNMAS Mali Joint Operations Centre and will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of all training and quality management related activities under the supervision of the Chief of Operations
• Responsible for the review and management of all training management packages in use by the UNMAS Mali program under the supervision of the Chief of Operations
• Track all training activities in terms of scheduled delivery and participant’s attendance.
• Liaise with all training related stakeholders such as training implementation partners and contractors as needed
• Assist in the conduct of desk assessment and on site assessments as part of the accreditation process
• Conduct of quality assurance on the regional UNMAS office management of training related activities
• Periodic review of UNMAS Mali Training Standards
• Liaise with UNMAS Project Managers on specific requirements of training
• Ensure all regional UNMAS Offices comply with UNMAS Mali Quality Management System throughout the program
• Conduct monitoring visits to all UNMAS regional offices
• In liaison with the Operations and Planning officers, responsible for the planning of all Quality Management Related activities in the UNMAS Mali program
• Custodian of all documentation related to accreditation of Mine Action Organizations and manage the database of accreditations issued
• Custodian of all External Quality Assurance records and monitoring records
• Review weekly report and monthly report updates from the regional UNMAS offices before release to Programme Level
• Any other tasks as directed by the Chief of Operations or Program Manager
To be advised
§ Master’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Science or related field and/or Bachelor’s degree in related field.
§ Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Mine Action experience and/or minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Training experience.
§ Minimum of 2 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Gao is an advantage.
§ Fluency in English (essential) and French (desirable).
• At least 5 years’ experience as senior manager and/or instructor in the delivery of training in Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Disposal and/or Counter- IED (C-IED) and/or Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
• Within the last 2 years, held a senior management position (Programme Manager/Chief Operations/Senior Instructor) in the delivery of a Mine Action program or contract
• Thorough knowledge of International Mine Action Standards (IMAS)
• A Prince 2 Project Management Practitioner qualification would be considered an advantage
• Proof of having worked in a hardship posting would be an advantage
• Self-reliant, able to take sound decisions and work independently and ability to live in severe field conditions and to effectively work in a multicultural and stressful environment.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Valid driver’s license
Other relevant information:
Master’s Degree or equivalent in business administration, project management, social science, or related field plus 5 years of relevant experience required; or Bachelor’s Degree or military/police college or junior command and staff course or senior staff qualification combined with 7 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. If a proposed Individual Contractor does not have a university degree, he/she is expected to have technical diploma plus 11 years of relevant experience.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should register and apply via the following link:https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a1124000001jc5N