Organization: Population Services International
Closing date: 01 Jun 2017
Job title: GIA Advisor
Department: Global Internal Audit
Based in Location: Mali
% international travel: up to 50%
Reports to the**: Manager,** Global Internal Audit
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
The Global Internal Audit Department is responsible for providing objective and independent assurance and advice on the financial, operational, administrative and technical activities of the Organization. All the work and strategic efforts are done under the umbrella of GIA’s Department Motto: “By Your Side, At Your Service, In Your Best Interest “.
We are looking for a GIA Advisor to support the development of strategic initiatives for Global Assurance, Anti -Fraud and Investigation efforts. The advisor will manage an Assurance program designed to educate and improve controls and compliance within PSI primarily through conducting risk-based audits. He/she will support Anti-Fraud and investigation efforts designed to educate, prevent, detect and investigate fraud, theft and loss within PSI. Provide cutting edge thought leadership and education on risk, control, and compliance matters. He/she will also take on ad hoc projects and initiatives to improve PSI’s delivery of its mission and the effectiveness of GIA’s work.
Sound like you? Read on
As part of the Global Internal Audit team, you will work in teams to ensure the systems of the internal controls maintained by PSI are adequate and effective to safeguard its assets, the reliability, accuracy and integrity of management information systems and related policies, plans, procedures and records and their adequacy to effectively accomplish intended objectives
Conduct internal audits of PSI and PSI affiliate offices
- Coordinate and conduct audits at PSI and PSI affiliate locations by liaising with local country management and Regional support teams to schedule specific audits
- Conduct audit-level risk assessment for planning purposes in accordance with GIA guidelines.
- Design audit procedures and conduct tests to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls to prevent or detect errors, irregularities, and frauds.
- Determine the accuracy of financial information and other disclosures and assess level of compliance with PSI, country government, and funder laws and regulations.
- Document all planning, work, and conclusions in audit management system.
- Conduct meetings with internal clients to communicate issues related to audits and coordinate timely receipt of management action plans to address observations made.
- Draft reports that reflect results of audit work conducted and describe the issues, risks, and recommended corrective action.
Conduct Investigations at PSI and PSI affiliate offices
- Conduct or oversee time-sensitive investigations of irregularities, fraud, corruption, and/or other violations by analyzing and synthesizing fact patterns, developing and executing testing procedures
- Partner with key internal and external stakeholders; and providing regular and timely updates to key stakeholders on the progress of projects.
- Support the development of reports and other materials to communicate the results of investigations, including control deficiencies or weaknesses, fraud matters, recommendations to various stakeholders.
- Support the development of various communications for different audiences, situations, and uses to contribute to the collective understanding of anti-fraud and investigative trends, risks, issues, and solutions.
Knowledge and Thought Leadership
- Remain abreast of developments in risks, regulations, control activities, and leading practices within various PSI locations, programs, functions, and systems.
- Advise management on an ongoing basis, with risk-based timely feedback on accounting, reporting, control and compliance issues to prevent costly errors and irregularities.
- Support the development of various initiatives to nurture PSI Internal Audit network sharing of leading practices and development of high-quality, IIA-compliant, local internal audit practices
- Identify improvement opportunities for PSI policies and processes, both within audits and for PSI as an organization.
- Identify improvement opportunities for GIA’s working practices.
- Provide training and education on a variety of risk, control, and compliance matters to all levels within the organization.
- Contribute to annual audit risk assessment and annual audit planning, including liaising with internal clients to schedule audits.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and guidance periodically to country based Internal auditors
Ad Hoc Projects
- Lead special projects to enhance the functioning of the GIA function.
- Participate in organizational task forces or committees.
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional experience in internal or external audit
- At least 5 years of accounting and / or internal controls/ risk management experience
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree
- One or more appropriate professional certifications (Certified Public Accountant, Certified Internal Auditor, Certification in Information Systems Auditing, Certified Fraud Examiner)
- Ability to travel internationally at least 50%
- Experience conducting audits, investigations, and special projects overseas, particularly in the countries in which PSI works
- Excellent organizational skills and initiative
- Demonstrated attention to detail and excellent writing skills
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in use of audit management systems and computer aided audit tools
- French fluency essential; Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French.
- Honest and ethical with high levels of integrity and confidentiality
What would get us excited?
- Experience with international development projects, including those funded by the Global Fund, USAID, DFID and other international donor organizations
- Superior communications skills, verbal and written, including the ability to engage effectively with staff at all levels
- Creativity, innovation and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in applying data analytics, information technology, and forensic auditing tools
- English language proficiency
APPLY ONLINE at http://www.psi.org.**
Population Services International is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender identity, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply: