Organization: CTG Global
Closing date: 26 May 2017
Vacancy reference no.:
Training & QM Officer
Place of performance:
up to 4 months (@21.75days/month)
OVERVIEW OF CTG GLOBAL
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
In Mali, UNOPS supports the Action Service of the United Nations mine action program (UNMAS), which takes its principal resolution SCR 2227 (2015), to contribute to the following objectives, namely:
(i) reduce the threat may incur MINUSMA and the UN staff by providing specialized training, equipment and supervision of fighting international engineering teams responsible for EOD and C-IED operations, and the awareness of the United Nations risks personnel.
(ii) strengthen national capacities to mitigate the explosive threats through support advice and technical assistance to the Forces of Defence and Security of Mali (MSDS) and advisory support to the National Commission against the proliferation of small arms and small arms (CNLALPC), and
(iii) improving the protection of civilians by supporting and affecting international demining operators in priority areas contaminated central and northern Mali for educational operations and risks pollution. UNMAS Mali is headquartered in Bamako and six (6) regional offices; Timbuktu, Gao, Kidal and Mopti, Tessalit, Menaka.
The Training & Quality Management Officer will be working within the UNMAS Mali Joint Operations Center and will be responsible for the implementation and monitoring of all training and quality management related activities under the supervision of the Chief of Operations.
• Responsible for the review and management of all training management packages in use by the UNMAS Mali program under the supervision of the Chief of Operations
• Track all training activities in terms of scheduled delivery and participant’s attendance.
• Liaise with all training related stakeholders such as training implementation partners and contractors as needed
• Assist in the conduct of desk assessment and on site assessments as part of the accreditation process
• Conduct of quality assurance on the regional UNMAS office management of training related activities
• Periodic review of UNMAS Mali Training Standards
• Liaise with UNMAS Project Managers on specific requirements of training
• Ensure all regional UNMAS Offices comply with UNMAS Mali Quality Management System throughout the program
• Conduct monitoring visits to all UNMAS regional offices
• In liaison with the Operations and Planning officers, responsible for the
planning of all Quality Management Related activities in the UNMAS Mali program
• Custodian of all documentation related to accreditation of Mine Action Organizations and manage the database of accreditations issued
• Custodian of all External Quality Assurance records and monitoring records
• Review weekly report and monthly report updates from the regional UNMAS offices before release to Programme Level
• Any other tasks as directed by the Chief of Operations or Program Manager
The Training and QM Officer will produce a weekly report detailing activities conducted in any week and detailing planned activities for the following week (s). He/she will also produce a monthly report summarising all activities/task conducted during each calendar month.
This role does not have team management responsibility
§ Master’s degree in Business administration, project management, social science, or related field plus 5 years of relevant experience required and/or Bachelor’s degree in or Bachelor’s Degree or military/police college or junior command and staff course or senior staff qualification combined with 7 years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
f a proposed Individual Contractor does not have a university degree, he/she is expected to have technical diploma plus 11 years of relevant experience.
§ Minimum of 5 years of demonstrable relevant Mine Action experience.
§ Minimum of 3 years of experience in Africa with local experience in Gao, Mali is an advantage.
§ Fluency in English is essential and French is desirable.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve the objectives of the Organization Accountability.
• Accountability: To comply with the Organization’s rules and procedures.
• Ability to Plan and Organize: Identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required. Foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning.
• Analytical skills: Strong ability to analyse information and work under pressure.
• Communication: Speaks clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Client Orientation: Consider all those to whom the insured services as “clients” and seeks to see things from their perspective. Establish and maintain productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect.
Other relevant information:
Candidates with a minimum of 11 years military experience having experience in CIED training will also be considered
At least 5 years’ experience as senior manager and/or instructor in the delivery of training in Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Disposal and/or Counter- IED (C-IED) and/or Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD)
Within the last 2 years, held a senior management position (Programme Manager/Chief Operations/Senior Instructor) in the delivery of a Mine Action program or contract.
Proof of having worked in a hardship posting
· IMAS Level 3 qualification
· Required to hold a military Search Advisor qualification (High Risk Search would be an advantage)
· Thorough knowledge of International Mine Action Standards (IMAS)
· Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link: https://recruitmentctg.force.com/xcdrecruit__Site_ExternalPositionDetails?id=a1124000002B6MU