Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date: 04 Oct 2017
NRC is looking for a new Finance Manager for our country programme in Mali. The Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring that the financial set up is according to NRC standard and to support programme/project implementation.
From our four field offices in Mali, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of people affected by violence and displacement.
We provide education, shelter, food security, and give people legal assistance. Since 2016, we also have a dedicated emergency response mechanism.
In Mali, we have offices in Gao, Timbuktu, Mopti, and Kidal.
The Finance Manager reports to Country Director.
- Ensure that country set up adhere to Financial Handbook, NRC policies, donor and auditor requirements
- Implement NRC’s financial systems, routines and procedures
- Maintain overall budget control and monitor cash flows
- Management of financial team
- Capacity building of Finance staff and promote staff development ;
- Carry out regular field visits and spot checks to ensure compliance ;
- Training of line managers and staff with financial responsibilities
- Provide regular analysis and reports
- Implement anti-corruption policy
- Ensure monthly financial reports are on time and accurate including amongst other BVA, BRS, Salary distribution and exchange rate revaluation ;
- Review all project budgets to ensure coverage of costs and compliance with NRC policies ;
- Quarterly update of planning tools including eBPO and Master Budget ;
- Ensure the timely submission of all financial reports to donor;
- Control spending to ensure adherence with budget, NRC and donor requirements ;
- Lead the annual and project specific audit process
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a senior Financial Manager in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Good knowledge of donor regulations
- Detail oriented
- Experience with capacity building of staff
- Knowledge of the context in Mali is an asset
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Working with People
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
- Commencement: November/December 2017
- Duration: 24 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 9 in NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Bamako, with frequent travels.
- Approved health certficate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
How to apply:
Please use this link: https://www.webcruiter.no/wcmain/CvJobRespond1.aspx?oppdragsnr=3567381473&link_source_id=1699698939&company_id=2095819200&culture_id=EN