Organization: Creative Associates International
Closing date: 17 Nov 2017
Human Resources Manager
Communities in Transition Division
Position Location: Segou, Mali
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic development and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
This will be a 5-year program whose aim will be to improve prospects for long-term peace, security, and reconciliation by strengthening the positive resilience of communities working in partnership with their elected officials.
The Human Resources Manager leads HR practices and objectives that will provide a high-performance team culture that emphasizes employee engagement, performance management, and the recruitment and ongoing professional development of project staff. The Senior HR Officer is responsible for the maintenance of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the project’s goals which includes ensuring compliance with Creative and USAID’s human resources policies, procedures, and regulations.
Reporting & Supervision:
The HR Manager reports directly to the Deputy Chief of Party or designee. The HR Manager will liaise regularly with the Regional HR Operations Manager on related project and corporate HR matters.
- Manage HR office operations ensuring compliance with Creative and client HR rules and regulations.
- Lead/coordinate the full-cycle recruitment process including finalization of job descriptions, advertisement of vacancies, review of applicants, scheduling and conducting interviews alongside project senior management, checking candidate references, and collecting new hire documents.
- Onboarding/orientation of new project hires.
- Manage employee benefits enrollment and ensure all inquiries and challenges faced by employees regarding their insurances are handled.
- Coordinate the performance evaluation process.
- Provide information and advice to project staff regarding HR policies and procedure.
- Responsible for coordinating staff training and establishing staff development plans based on staff appraisals and evaluations.
- Receives and logs various grievances or complaints from employees; consults with Regional HR Operations Manager and legal counsel regarding difficult cases and provides recommended solutions prior to forwarding complaints to management for review.
- Provide oversight related to the updating of personnel files and other related HR documents including employment agreements, amendments, time sheets, calendar holidays and leaves.
- Provide information as required by Compliance Officers/Auditors during audits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or a related field.
- At least 6 years of progressively responsible HR experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills.
- Familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with local Malian employment law.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Verbal and written working proficiency in French and English.
Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Position contingent upon donor funding.
How to apply:
Please apply online: https://rew21.ultipro.com/CRE1010/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*0264B2261EF92084