Organization: Internews Network
Closing date: 12 Jan 2018
Internews Network is seeking a Project Director to be based in Bamako, Mali for a 2 year, USAID-funded project entitled “Empowering Malians through Election, Reform and Governance Efforts (EMERGE)”. Internews will be part of the National Democratic Institutes (NDI)’s team and work in collaboration with NDI and other Team Members on the Mali Electoral Support Activity (MESA) Program. The intent of the program is to leverage two decades of institutional partnerships formed with Malian civil society, including women’s organizations, media and political parties, to enhance citizen engagement and transparency in Malian electoral processes. The Project Director will provide strategic guidance and leadership for all Internews technical assistance activities for the EMERGE project in Mali. His/her tasks will be to coordinate technical, legal and professional capacity building assistance to partners and beneficiaries; ensure proper oversight of Internews personnel, financial management and administration; and coordinate with other stakeholders in the country to ensure that Internews leverages other resources, avoids duplication and complements other media development initiatives. The Project Director will also be responsible for establishing strong partnerships and dialogue with the appropriate donors, partners and stakeholders.
Note: this position is contingent on receipt of funding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide general oversight of the project, including overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, trainings and coordination with partners.
- Provide leadership and overall management of project staff.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Internews projects in Mali – for both the donor (NDI) and the Internews network Headquarters.
- Maintains relationships with donors through reporting, liaison and communications.
- Builds and maintains relationships with media outlets, local partners, (local CSOs) and international partners.
- Oversee the creation and development of communications materials to be shared and disseminated by with Internews HQ.
- Oversee the work and reporting of local sub grantees.
- Ensures that the expenditure of these funds are made in compliance with funder regulations and Internews policy.
- Reviews all financial reports and expense documentation.
- Be responsible for the drafting and submission of all deliverables (work plan, quarterly reports, final reports, etc.)
- Serve as the point person for business development within Mali.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- Previous experience as a proactive Country Lead/Program Manager with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, local and international organizations and donors.
- Experience as a manager or trainer with professional capacity-building programs for journalists and media outlets highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on gender and youth programs funded by international donors (preferably USAID).
- Media development experience preferably in West Africa, working experience and overall knowledge of Africa is essential.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in French and English required.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated abilities in:
- Management, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic development with resource scheduling, managing timelines, and leading team activities.
- Motivating, mentoring, and managing individuals and groups, resulting in high quality and timely work delivery.
- Serving as an organizational resource for process improvement and strategic decision-making.
- Ability to manage a variety of internal and external relationships.
- Strong analytical, training, oral and written communication and team-building skills.
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint required. Agresso or other ERP preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.
How to apply:
To apply, please visit our Career Center.