Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 10 Jan 2018
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: MNCH/FP Technical Advisor
Reports To: Team Leader
Type: Short-term Consultant
USAID/Mali is considering issuing a completion type Task Order for a performance evaluation of two USAID/Mali funded programs: the High Impact Health Services (SSGI) and the Social Marketing and Behavior Change Communications (KJK). The evaluation will help determine what mid-course corrections are needed as well as inform the design of future projects.
The SSGI award supports the delivery of a package of integrated malaria, family planning, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, nutrition, and water and sanitation services delivered at the regional, district, community and household levels. The KJK award covers capacity-building of local NGOs and Government of Mali (GoM) entities; social and behavior change (SBC) activities; and social marketing of family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention, safe drinking water and safe motherhood products sold at commercial retail outlets and community pharmacies. These two programs work in tandem through a joint work plan in five regions (Kayes, Sikasso, Koulikoro, Mopti and Bamako) and the district of Gao (in the North) and are the centerpiece of USAID/Mali’s $69 million per year health program. Mali nationals are encouraged to apply. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical advice and guidance on subject matter expertise;
· Participate in all meetings and dissemination with relevant stakeholders;
· Participate in data collection;
· Support data analysis as well as technical writing;
· Ensure the final report is of high quality and standard
· Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent knowledge of the MNCH/FP context in Mali.
· Experience working on a major international donor MNCH/FP project and understanding of high impact interventions in MNCH/FP, quality improvement and service delivery approaches.
· Experience working on an evaluation of USAID funded projects preferred.
· Strong knowledge of evaluation methodological design, data analysis and evaluation report writing preferred.
· At least 5 years of experience in planning, implementation, management and/or evaluating MNCH/FP projects.
· Oral and written fluency in English and French required.
Education: Master’s degree in public health, or a clinician with MNCH/FP expertise, or related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. r
How to apply:
Apply online here: