Organization: International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc.
Closing date: 10 Jan 2018
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over two hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Team Lead/Evaluation Specialist
Reports To: Home Office Project Director
Type: Short-term Consultant
Overview: is considering issuing a completion type Task Order for a performance evaluation of two USAID/Mali funded programs: the High Impact Health Services (SSGI) and the Social Marketing and Behavior Change Communications (KJK). The evaluation will help determine what mid-course corrections are needed as well as inform the design of future projects.
The SSGI award supports the delivery of a package of integrated malaria, family planning, reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, maternal and child health, nutrition, and water and sanitation services delivered at the regional, district, community and household levels. The KJK award covers capacity-building of local NGOs and Government of Mali (GoM) entities; social and behavior change (SBC) activities; and social marketing of family planning, HIV/AIDS prevention, safe drinking water and safe motherhood products sold at commercial retail outlets and community pharmacies. These two programs work in tandem through a joint work plan in five regions (Kayes, Sikasso, Koulikoro, Mopti and Bamako) and the district of Gao (in the North) and are the centerpiece of USAID/Mali’s $69 million per year health program. This position is contingent upon award.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Provide team leadership and overall management of the project.
· Ensure all deliverables are met in a timely manner.
· Serve as liaison between USAID and the evaluation/analytic team.
· Lead briefings and presentations.
· Provide quality assurance on evaluation issues, including methods, development of data collection instruments, protocols for data collection, data management and data analysis.
· Oversee the training of all engaged in data collection, ensuring the highest level of reliability and validity of data being collected.
· Serve as the lead analyst.
· Responsible for all data analysis.
· Coordinate the analysis of all data, ensuring all quantitative and qualitative data analyses are done to meet the needs for the evaluation.
· Participate in all aspects of the evaluation, from planning, data collection, data analysis to report writing.
· Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrated experience leading health sector project/program evaluation/analytics, utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods.
· Experience implementing and coordinating others to implement surveys, key informant interviews, focus groups, observations and other evaluation methods that ensure reliability and validity of the data.
· Excellent skills in planning, facilitation and consensus building.
· Excellent organization skills and the ability to keep to a timeline.
· Experience working in the region, particularly in Mali desirable.
· Familiarity with USAID policies and practices, including evaluation policy, results frameworks and performance monitoring plans.
· Significant experience conducting project evaluations/analytics.
· At least 10 years of experience in public health, including experience in implementation of health activities in developing countries.
· At least 5 years managing M&E projects.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience successfully interacting with host government officials, civil society partners and other stakeholders.
· Excellent writing skills, with extensive report writing experience.
· Oral and written proficiency in English and French required.
Education: Post graduate degree in public health, evaluation or research or related field required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with some time spent in the field.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel required.
No phone calls please. All candidates will be acknowledged, but only final candidates for particular activities will be contacted.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment.
How to apply:
Apply online here: