Closing date: 22 Apr 2018
Background Information – Mali Programme
Mali is facing a problem of weapons and explosive hazard contamination, as a result of protracted and recent armed conflicts. The presence of explosive remnants of war (ERW), improvised explosive devices (IED) and insecure stockpiles of weapons and ammunition (obsolete, abandoned or neglected), poses a serious threat to civilians as well as to United Nations and humanitarian personnel operating in the country.
UNMAS deployed to Mali in January 2013 to conduct an emergency assessment of the situation with regard to explosive threats. In July 2013, the United Nations Multidimensional Integrated Stabilization Mission in Mali (MINUSMA) was established under Security Council resolution 2100 and is currently operating under Security Council resolution 2354 (2017). In accordance with these mandates, the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) has engaged UNOPS PSC to implement a mine action programme in Mali to:
Under the overall supervision of the Support Services Officer, and the direct supervision of the Senior Administrative Associate, the incumbent will perform the duties listed below:
1.Provide effective and timely clerical support to administrative unit:
2.Provide effective and timely assistance to facility services delivery for UNMAS offices and residence accommodations:
3.Performs other relevant duties and tasks as required and assigned.
b. Work Experience
b. Work Experience
· Integrity & Inclusion: Treats all individuals with respect; responds sensitively to differences and encourages others to do the same. Upholds organizational and ethical norms. Maintains high standards of trustworthiness. Role model for diversity and inclusion;
· Leading Self and Others: Acts as a positive role model contributing to the team spirit. Collaborates and supports the development of others. For people managers only: Acts as positive leadership role model, motivates, directs and inspires others to succeed, utilizing appropriate leadership styles;
· Partnering: Demonstrates understanding of the impact of own role on all partners and always puts the end beneficiary first. Builds and maintains strong external relationships and is a competent partner for others (if relevant to the role);
· Results Orientation: Efficiently establishes an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal. Actions lead to total task accomplishment through concern for quality in all areas. Sees opportunities and takes the initiative to act on them. Understands that responsible use of resources maximizes our impact on our beneficiaries;
· Agility:Open to change and flexible in a fast paced environment. Effectively adapts own approach to suit changing circumstances or requirements. Reflects on experiences and modifies own behavior. Performance is consistent, even under pressure. Always pursues continuous improvements;
· Solution Focused: Evaluates data and courses of action to reach logical, pragmatic decisions. Takes an unbiased, rational approach with calculated risks. Applies innovation and creativity to problem-solving;
· Effective Communication: Expresses ideas or facts in a clear, concise and open manner. Communication indicates a consideration for the feelings and needs of others. Actively listens and proactively shares knowledge. Handles conflict effectively, by overcoming differences of opinion and finding common ground
Contract Type, Level/Duration:
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement;
Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types.
How to apply: