Organization: Management Systems International
Closing date: 01 Jun 2018
Director of Finance and Administration,
USAID Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Platform Project (PMEP),
Company Profile: MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.**Project Summary:**
Awarded in July 2015, the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Platform Project (PMEP) provides technical support and training to USAID/Mali staff and implementing partners to meet the Mission’s management information needs, facilitate program management decisions, and shape long-term strategic direction and decision making. One of the primary objectives of the project is building the capacity of Mission staff and selected implementing partners to conduct high-quality performance monitoring and verification. The platform will be implementing third party monitoring, especially in the North of Mali.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only Malian citizens are eligible for this position
The director of finance and administration (DFA), based in Bamako, Mali will supervise the financial and administrative team. S/he will coordinate field project staff, as well as liaise with the MSI home office staff to ensure smooth and compliant implementation of the PMEP project. This position is anticipated to run until the end of the project in June 2020.
- Ensure that all financial and administrative actions are taken on-time responsibly, ethically, prudently, and consistent with USG and MSI policies and procedures;
- Execute, or delegate with appropriate supervision, the following tasks:
- Provide financial analysis to the COP and HQ, as required, including expenditure analysis and targeted accountability analyses.
- Complete and provide all financial reports on a timely basis.
- Provide all data and backups for the MSI financial reports.
- Ensure all activities have proper approvals (admin, logistics and financial).
- Oversee local procurements, and coordinate international procurements with the MSI home office.
- Oversee human resources management, compliance with local laws and practices and updating report any organizational chart changes, point of contact and any changes to the team structure to MSI HQ.
- Manage recruitment, hiring, orientation, training, and termination (as necessary) of personnel required for the execution of project activities.
- Ensure compliance with MSI and project policies as related to personnel issues.
- Manage PMEP administrative staff under the direction of the chief of party (COP) and in coordination with MSI HQ, and local labor laws.
- Process payments for MSI local staff (salary payments, employee benefit payments, tax reporting, medical insurance, etc.) and the local consultants.
- Maintain a close relationship with MSI’s Global Security department.
- Maintain the operations, communication, and security manuals and share them with MSI PMEP staff and consultants.
- Supervise and coordinate MSI HO and local staff travel in and outside of Bamako.
- Maintain and update the MSI PMEP property disposition files and ensuring all property is well maintained and properly labeled.
- Manage a contact list for STTAs traveling to Mali.
- Work with the MSI home office to produce reports and gather necessary documentation for all contract?related issues pertaining to procurement, travel and finance.
- Introduce new personnel to project policies and procedures.
- Keep records of employees’ sick days, overtime, and vacation days according to USAID and MSI policies.
- Ensure logistics for MSI international personnel and visitors and provide all tools necessary to their work (transport, internet access, assist with local phone).
- Supervise the members of the administration unit in organizing workshops, conferences, training courses, and other activities initiated from the technical team, including facilitating booking of venues for accommodation, meals, conference facilities, and other related services.
- In the spirit of team collaboration, assist with tasks in other areas to balance workloads, such as assisting with editing English or French documents, compiling reporting documents, etc., when needed.
- Ensure all work is performed professionally and ethically while promoting a cohesive and positive working environment.
- Master’s degree in international development, finance, or relevant field.
- Eight (8) to 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a position with similar responsibilities highly preferred
- Demonstrated and proficient experience using Excel and Quickbooks.
- Proven project management and budgeting experience required.
- Familiarity with FAR and USAID regulations.
- Experience managing staff in multiple locations, working on USAID projects, and/or managing human resources and making relevant salary deductions highly preferred.
- Substantive knowledge of Malian labor law.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
How to apply: