Country: Mali, Senegal
Closing date: 30 Jun 2018
Critical Requirement: Proficiency in French and English
myAgro is an award-winning non-profit social enterprise based in West Africa. We have pioneered a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to help 1 million farmers increase their incomes by $1.50 per day by 2025 and lift themselves out of poverty.
About the Mobile Application role
The Mobile Application Developer is a member of the global Product team and will be based in Mali or Senegal. The Mobile Application Developer will develop key components of myAgro’s game-changing digital layaway platform, which will have global reach. An important responsibility of this role will be to develop and improve Android applications such as Commcare applications, USSD/SMS, as well as integrations with other systems and platforms such as Salesforce. You will also be supporting field operations and programs directly – this includes ensuring adequate support, fixing bugs, testing applications, and training of programs staff on product. You will work collaboratively with a technology team based around the world. This position reports to the VP of Product.
· Application Development: Design and build applications for field operations. This includes CommCare applications, custom Android applications, and integrations with other systems and platforms. This includes working on designing elegant user interfaces, writing high quality code, being the key tech design person working closely with the Product Manager to determine projects challenges, delays and feasibility, ensuring cross-system functionality and playing a key role on innovating to ensure myAgro has the best tools to do our work.
· Support: Collaboratively troubleshoot, fix bugs and be responsive to myAgro’s ticketing platform. Solve org-wide problems quickly and communicate with related teams (field operations, finance, logistics, executive) as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related technical discipline is required
· Minimum of 2 years experience in app building with ODK platform, preferably in CommCare
· Proven ability to work independently on important projects, with a remote team
· Fluent in English and at least full proficiency in French (we operate in 2 French speaking countries)
Preferred Skills and Qualities
· Previous experience in developing complex CommCare modules (advanced questions, multimedia, hidden calculation, lookup tables, data forwarding)
· Proven record of using Agile and/or Lean software development methodologies in a constantly changing environment
· Knowledge of web-based applications and standards (REST services, APIs)
· Administration experience in Salesforce, relational databases and (or) CRM systems
· Creative and versatile approach to problem-solving; solution-oriented
· Proven, strong communication skills and ability to work cross culturally
· As with any start up, flexibility, a sense of humor and an open mind are necessary
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
How to apply:
Think you’re a good fit? Click on the link below and apply now!