Organization: Acción contra el Hambre España
Country: Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Senegal
Closing date: 20 Jul 2018
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The compliance officer for Action against Hunger Sahel missions depending on Madrid HQ is in charge of:
1) Identifying non-compliance with the organization’s procedures,
2) Proposing corrective measures in whatever functional area these may be required.
The compliance officer’s work will be focused on high-risk areas of non-compliance including through periodic on-site monitoring visits to Action against Hunger areas of operations (bases and sub-bases).
Objective 1: Identify and review areas of high non-compliance risk
- Identify activities with high risk of non-compliance.
- Review correct documentation of operational activities.
Objective 2: Develop and implement diversified methods of control
- Interviews and meetings with key stakeholders such as beneficiaries, suppliers, staff, counterparts, partners, authorities, etc.
- Planned and surprise visits to missions and bases.
Objective 3: Draw up high impact action plans to reduce non-compliance risk
- Production of due diligence reports identifying significant non-compliance risk including its corresponding financial provision.
- Draw up action plans together with the different functional HQ departments involved
Objective 4: Monitor potential fraud and corruption schemes
- Analyse and validate existing control measures used to prevent fraud and corruption schemes. Identify and propose new measures. Use of internal and external sources of information (e.g. other NGOs, donors, etc.).
- Recommend improvements to existing “preventive controls” measures of the different departments.
Objective 5: Capitalize and follow up lessons learnt
- Draw up lessons learnt and ensure corresponding adjustments in the organization’s control measures
- Follow up on action plans to ensure reduction of financial risk provisions
- Advanced university degree in management, audit, finance or compliance. A first level university degree with a relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Proficient in due diligence or large organizations/operations
- Good understanding of the workings of NGO field operations. Profound knowledge of Action against Hunger procedures, organization and mandate. Good knowledge of donor guidelines. Knowledge in project cycle management.
- Minimum 2 years previous experience in the humanitarian sector in large INGOs.
- Humanitarian sector knowledge: Mandatory. Knowledge of West Africa is an asset
- Demonstrated capacity to work in multicultural environments, especially in the Sahel context.Good communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills.
- Autonomy and capacity to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of Action Against Hunger is an asset
- Languages: French & English
- MS Office very strong command. Very advanced level of Excel. Experience with accounting, logistics and HR programs a plus.
- Mobility (national/ international): International travel will be required.
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Formal work contract: 12 months.
- Base: Dakar/Niamey/Bamako/Nouakchott (to be confirmed)
- Compensation packaged: from 24.000 € – 31.800 € gross/year divided in 12 payments and based on experience y context.
- Guest House or similar accommodation covered by the organization
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- Expat Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old): from 100€ to 225€ monthly (according to standard list of Action Against Hunger -Spain).
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
How to apply:
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. – Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.