Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 18 Jan 2019
* Provide leadership and strategic direction to all programmatic aspects of Save the Children International humanitarian and emergency responses in Mali
* Coordinate, review and input on humanitarian assessments, reports, proposals, sector program plans, master budgets, response strategy and other key planning processes and documents
* Ensure countrywide humanitarian analysis, representation and coordination with humanitarian stakeholders
* Ensure the improvement of the country-office’s capacity to respond to emergencies throughout the country
* Identify, and advocate for immediate and appropriate actions to respond to specific children’s needs during humanitarian crises.
* Ensure cross sector collaboration among technical units/sectors during humanitarian crises.
* Ensure integration with ongoing development and transition to development programs, and identify possible durable solutions whenever possible
* Contribute in the development of new funding proposals for humanitarian responses.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will have:
* Recommended minimum of 5 years’ experience in humanitarian programme management, preparedness and response in several fragile or complex contexts
* Extensive on the ground experience in multi-sectoral complex humanitarian response, including , Health & nutrition, Emergency Food security, EiE and child protection
* Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site programmes (including ECHO, DANIDA, and OFDA)
* Demonstrated experience of working in insecure environments
* Experience of working with partners and a participatory approach
* Understanding of international humanitarian aid systems and agencies
* Knowledge of humanitarian response and transitional program concepts, policies, frameworks, strategies and components, as well as development concepts and frameworks
* Solid budgeting skills and knowledge of key donor regulations
* Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
* Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
* Fluency in English and French, both verbal and written
Bamako (Mali) with frequent Field travel
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply .
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We strongly encourage women to apply for this position
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
How to apply:
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cnBldGV1aWwuMzM3OTEuMzgzMEBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20