Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council
Closing date: 27 Sep 2019
NRC is looking for a new Grants Coordinator for our country office in Mali.
NRC has operated in Mali since 2013. From our four field offices in Mali, Gao, Timbuktu, Mopti, and Kidal, NRC strives to meet the basic needs of people affected by violence and displacement.
We provide education, shelter, food security, and give people legal assistance. We also have a dedicated emergency response mechanism.
The NRC country office in Mali is located in Bamako.
The Grants Coordinator is responsible to provide essential grant management support to Head of Programme in delivering quality programmes in line with the NRC Mali strategy and Plan of Action.
The Grants Coordinator reports to the Head of Programme
WOMEN AND MALI NATIONALS ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain overview of all grants, donor requirements, rules and regulations, and internal and external deadlines, including filing of grant documents (including through the grants database – forthcoming)
- Coordinate the development of donor applications and reports, as well as ensuring donor compliance and quality control
- Contribute to the development and revision of funding proposals, budgets and donor reports
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant calls for proposals
- Document, analyze, and share learning from proposal and reporting process, and compliance with donor rules and regulations
- Contribute to continuously improving internal grant management systems
- Provide an internal help-desk on donor related issues, including organize and deliver trainings in donor rules and regulations, as well as proposal and report writing
- Coordinate the development and distribution of internal reports
- Contribute to PCM trainings and usage of the NRC PCM frame work in the CO as delegated by the Head of Programme
- Support external donor audits
- Represent with relevant partners and donors as delegated
- (See attached full job description)
- 3 years of relevant experience within field of expertise
- Relevant experience from the project management in the humanitarian sector
- Experience from working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills (data and financial)
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French
- Above average computer skills
- Experience in at least one of the following sectors : emergency, education, ICLA, Food Security.
- Experience in humanitarian coordination mechanism.
- Knowledge of the context in Mali
- Valid driver’s license
- Planning and delivering results
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusiveness and accountability
We can offer
- Commencement: January 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions and free housing of moderate standard.
- Level: Grade 7 in NRC grade structure (See attached the NRC Grade structure)
- Duty station: Bamako, with frequent travels to the field.
- Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location
How to apply: