Organization: Winrock International
Closing date: 29 Nov 2019
POSITION TITLE: Market-led production DCOP/Technical leader
GROUP: Agriculture & Volunteer Programs
Winrock International seeks highly-qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for anticipated USAID-funded agriculture sector project(s) in Mali.
- Conduct market research and VC analysis as needed to identify commodity-specific sales, value addition, and production opportunities in collaboration with Market System Development (MSD) sister project
- In coordination with MSD, liaise with end market and intermediary buyers to determine requirements and thresholds required for participating in their sourcing network.
- Broker deals between buyers and farmer groups
- Facilitate communication, trust, and linkages among buyers-service providers-producers to facilitate buyer-led service delivery to farmers or agreements with third party service providers to enhance farmer/farmer group capacity
- Conduct training, coaching or mentoring of farmer organizations to improve their capacity to seize market opportunities, diversify product lines, or expand marketing networks
- Adapt and oversee delivery of farming as a business and cooperative development capacity building activities tailored to farmers/groups of varying levels of business development
- Build capacity of market system actors to develop bankable business plans and access short, medium, and long-term financing
- Build awareness of producers, private sector, impact investors and financial service providers of VC opportunities.
- Supervise and direct/sequence complementary agronomic, water management and nutrition support activities and staff
- 8+ years’ experience advising farmers and developing sourcing strategies
- Experience managing supply chains for large agribusinesses or sourcing strategies
- Knowledge of international and regional agriculture markets
- Advanced degree in business or agriculture, preferred
- Familiarity with finance and preparing SMEs to qualify for financial services preferred Winrock International is an equal opportunity employer.
How to apply: