Organization: Save the Children
Closing date: 09 Nov 2019
The Head of Awards & Partnerships will provide the primary award management inputs for both development and humanitarian programmes, and on-going support to develop best practice award management procedures and processes. The role has three main aspects to it: lead the Country Office award management team; capacity building of staff in their award management professional development and contributing to the development and advancement of award management processes and systems.
Qualifications and experience
* Masters or equivalent degree in International Development, Social studies, Business and Administration or related areas.
* 5-8 years’ experience of international organisations similar to Save the Children.
* 5-8 years’ experience in programmes or operations support functions like finance, awards, project management / administration
* Extensive experience with NGOs with increasing responsibilities including a proven experience of establishing and running the award management function in the field.
* Knowledge of the requirements of major institutional donors including budgeting, eligibility issues, compliance management, and reporting.
* Experience of engaging with donors at country strategy levels.
* Proven track record of active contribution to a senior management team, and providing strategic support across multiple sectors and/or regions.
* Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organise a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities.
* Experience of and well developed skills in staff management and supervision. Proven strong coaching and capacity building skills.
* Very strong capacity for attention to detail, problem solving, and analysis of trends.
* Computer literate (i.e. WORD, advanced Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer, financial systems).
* Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people
* Patient, adaptable, flexible, able to improvise and remain responsive and communicate clearly and effectively under pressure
* Strong communication (written and spoken) in English and French, and interpersonal skills, with experience in managing multicultural teams.
* Experience with Save the Children award management Policies, procedures and systems and Save the Children’s award management system (AMS)
* Understanding of how to produce financial reports from Save the Children’s overseas accounting software (Agresso)
* Experience of Project Management, M&E Management or Funding Coordination
Contract length: 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
* No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
* All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
* Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
How to apply:
Application URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Zi5zeS42MTgyMC4zODMwQHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ